How do I get rid of Milia safely?
Milia is a skin condition which are those small bumps seen like whiteheads and often yellow or white in colour. These are cysts which can form in clusters around the face, eyelids, cheeks, forehead and genital area and cannot be squeezed. Commonly found in newborns but can affect people of any age.
Check out our Skintecture Microdermabrasion Kit to help rejuvenate your skin.
It is best to avoid squeezing or picking milia as tempting as it is, but doing so increases the risk of infection and can lead to scarring.
There isn't a reason to treat Milia if it is not bothering you, and generally, the cysts will disappear after a few months. However, if you wish to treat Milia, there are a few home remedies to help get rid of and avoid reoccurring Milia.
At home Treatments
Here are some proven, low-risk at-home treatments to remove milia quickly:
- Cleanse the affected area daily. Use a sensitive skin cleanser to prevent skin irritation.
- Steam opens the pores. You can purchase a pore facial steamer, hot water in a bowl with a towel over your head, or a hot shower can do the trick.
- Regularly exfoliate the area. Caution, avoid over-exfoliating, as daily exfoliation can irritate the skin. Check out our Skintecture Microdermabrasion Kit to help rejuvenate your skin.
- Apply sunscreen daily. High-protection sunscreens are always beneficial & advisable to wear.
- Invest in good topical retinoids. These are creams or gels derived from Vitamin A and designed to treat acne and other skin issues; they may assist in milia treatment.
Generally, swift treatment of Milia may keep these cysts from reappearing. So typically, tips for preventing milia include:
- avoid excessive exposure to the sun
- avoid thick creams and oil-based products
- exfoliate 2 and 3 times a week and not more
If Milia do not disappear within a few weeks, a doctor may recommend treatment options.
Note: It is essential to take advice and referral from your medical dermatologist for severe and ongoing skin conditions to provide a tailored solution for you.
While there is no solution to permanent Milia removal, our Skintecture's premium at-home Microdermabrasion Facial Rejuvenation Kit is a revolutionary, cost-effective tool for assistance in Milia removal. Not only does it give you a smooth appearance, but it also brightens the skin for an instant glow-up.
Read more on How microdermabrasion works for the ultimate glowup .